Saturday, October 14, 2006

Warum gibt es Schoenheit - Why is there beauty?

Finding good questions is hard work I realized today. It is a philosophical task to find questions you do not know the answer to. Questions which make people stop in their walk and think "I had never really thought about that." Questions which strike you as much as the impossibly floating rocks of Magritte. Children, philosophers and artists are the ones who usually ask the best questions. Why all this fuss about questions? Questions dare the mind to move, questions ask for something and we might have to go out of our way to get it. The path is the goal and not the answer is the important process here but the act of searching for it. That creates mental awakeness and consciousness of the world we live in and the choices we make to maintain it as it is. I am currently in a state in which I have a lot of problems with what is going on around me but cannot confidently say how it all should be improved. In fact, maybe it could not be improved at all. That is what I want to find out and questions are the tool of my pursuit.

No comments: